All too often in the weight loss industry, companies stay in business because of their clients’ failures. Many programs are effective at helping their clients lose weight, however, they don’t help them maintain the loss in the long term and benefit from returning clients.
Retrofit offers a very different kind of service, one that’s geared to help you maintain your goal weight as much as it is designed to help you get there. That’s only one of the many advantages Retrofit offers clients in its 12-month plan. It combines the convenience of an online diet with the best expert advice and personal attention of a weight loss clinic. Unlike many online programs that simply supply users with meal plans and workouts but no personal interaction, Retrofit provides each client with a team of wellness experts.
This team of experts makes up the core of the Retrofit experience, and consists of a registered dietitian, an exercise physiologist and a behavior coach. “They’re the most educated team out there,” says Kim Evenson CMO at Retrofit. She adds that compensations is based on their ability to help clients reach their goals by the end of the year. You will meet with each member of the team during scheduled video conferences, but they are also always available if clients have additional questions. They will help you craft a weight loss plan that’s totally based on your needs and that can work with the realities of your lifestyle. Additionally, there’s a program adviser who “functions like your admin,” explains Evenson. “That person is with you from day one through the very end of the program.”
Another important feature of the Retrofit program is the fact that it’s data driven. Each client is given a FitBit activity tracker to help analyze how many calories are being burned per day, and a Withings WiFi Scale to help clients easily track their amount of weight lost. Clients are asked to set a goal of losing 10 to 15 percent of their starting weight during the course of the program, an amount of weight that has statistically shown to improve health conditions.
When clients sign up with Retrofit, they begin with a detailed intake survey to help the team understand the client’s history with their weight. It’s difficult to provide details about what you’ll be eating or how often you’ll be working out with this program, because the service is so individualized. The dietitian will help each client improve his or her diet, while the exercise physiologist will create a fitness plan. These two roles are the ones most people are familiar with, but the behavior coach is an equally important member of the team. “A big part of what we do is looking at the thinking patterns that people have,” explains Jennifer Plotnek, one of Retrofit’s behavior coaches. “We know from research that positive thinking gets positive outcomes.”
The behavior coach will also help clients identify sources of stress in their lives that may be hindering weight loss, and provides them with strategies to cope with these situations. “Our focus is on the action,” says Plotnek. “Having insight into the behavior is helpful, but it does not equate the change.” She encourages clients to focus on small steps, and to track small successes. Clients deal with a variety of issues, but Plotnek says that emotional eating is a common problem, along with “people pleasers” who end up neglecting their own care, and “overreaching achievers” who are reluctant to start projects they might not succeed at. Although no one is forced into any one category, Plotnek says that these lifestyle patterns are helpful to identify in order to create strategies to counter them.
The program is divided into a period of weight loss with an intensive amount of support from the team, followed by a maintenance period with regular check-ins. “We can see it worked for you when you were at this super high level of engagement,” says Evenson. “Now have you really taken those things to heart?” During the maintenance period clients will still have access to everyone on their team, to help them with any issues they may encounter.
Retrofit service comes with premium price tag, which costs $2,995 for a goal of 10 percent weight loss or $3,995 for 15 percent. However, the cost is comparable to many medically supervised weight loss programs. There is also a scholarship available, for individuals who are not able to afford the full cost.
Overall, Retrofit offers quite an impressive service, combining technology with one-on-one sessions with highly trained health professionals to help people archieve sustainable goals over the course of a year. “A year per se is not exactly magical,” says Plotnek. “But the fact that it’s long enough for people to have something really stick, I think it will really change how weight loss is perceived.”
Watch to learn more about Retrofit, then click to take the quiz to see if it’s a fit for you!
Win a one-year membership to Retrofit in February!
Short Legal Stuff
Winner must have a BMI of at least 25 on the day of selection. Winner must be a U.S. resident. DietsInReview.com will draw and announce one winner February 29, 2012.
More Legal Stuff
HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter “like” the DietsInReview.com Facebook page. An additional “entry” counts by following DietsInReview.com’s Google Plus page. All current DietsInReview.com Facebook fans are eligible; all fans on Facebook and Google+ will be considered eligible on February 29, 2012 at 12:00pm EST.
Only residents of the U.S. are eligible to win. Identification must be produced on request. Employees of DietsInReview.com or their subsidiaries and their immediate family members and persons with whom such employees or family members are domiciled are excluded from this contest.
- Prize value is $2995.00; and is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- Winner has five business days to respond and claim prize or forfeit prize. Winner will be contacted by Facebook message.
- By accepting the prize(s), the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation of his/her/its name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and state and country of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, and distribution over the internet) which DietsinReview may deem appropriate.
- In accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that neither DietsinReview nor any of its affiliates, directors, employees, officers or agents shall be liable for any loss, damages, death or injury to persons or property related to or arising out of the acceptance, condition or use of the prize(s).
- The winner must sign a release form as prepared and accepted by DietsinReview acknowledging their acceptance of the complete contest rules. The winner must also sign a Giveaway Confirmation from Retrofit, assuring your commitment to the one-year program and assuring the winner has a BMI of 25 or greater at the time of selection.
- DietsinReview retains the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component of the prize for any reason whatsoever.
- The contest is subject to all federal, state and municipal laws, and IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- DietsinReview reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
One prize will be awarded to one winner, as drawn by DietsInReview.com. The prize will be exclusively a one-year membership to Retrofit, valued at $2,995.00 (USD) awarded to the individual winning entrant. The winner will be responsible for all applicable taxes.
The winner will be notified by Facebook message (or other means as determined by DietsInReview) on or before March 1, 2012 and will have five business days to respond or forfeit the prize. In the event of a forfeit, a second winner will be selected and notified.
The sponsor of this contest is DietsInReview.com PO Box 8228 Wichita KS 67208
February 1st, 2012