- Possibility of glass fragments in Kellogg’s Special K Red Berries Cereal has prompted the company to announce a voluntary recall.
- 11.2-ounce package, UPC Code 38000 59923
- 22.4-ounce twin pack, UPC Code 38000 78356
- 37-ounce package, UPC Code 38000 20940
- The company says any other sizes or versions of its Special K cereal are not at risk for this recall.
- Get more information and claim a replacement coupon by clicking here or by calling 1-800-962-1413 Monday-Friday 8 AM – 6 PM Eastern Time.
- Kellogg’s asserts this is a precautionary move on their part and no injuries have been reported.
Special K recall. Shocking *sarcasm*When will people stop living out of boxes?
— Sophie Smith (@muscleboundmama) February 22, 2013
The Kellogg’s main Twitter account makes no reference to the recall, even encouraging people to eat the cereal this morning.
Don’t forget your @specialkus Bar as your dash out the door!
— Kellogg’s (@Kelloggs_US) February 22, 2013
There is also no mention of the recall on the dedicated Special K twitter account, but the brand is doing its part to prepare for Oscar night.
Looking great is about nutrition labels, not designer labels! Read the facts and watch portions and calories. #RedCarpetReady
— Special K (@SpecialKUS) February 22, 2013
February 20: Spinach Recalled for E. Coli Contamination