- Let’s Move is moving its game online, collaborating with some of the largest media companies in the country, and Pinterest, to get healthy recipes in front of millions of Americans.
- The effort is a collaboration of USDA’s MyPlate, Let’s Move!, and Partnership for a Healthier America, for which first lady Michelle Obama is an honorary chair.
- Epicurious, Food Network, Hearst Magazines, Meredith and Time Inc. have been identified as having more than 3,000 recipes that meet MyPlate standards. Those recipes are published across 18 of their properties, including CookingLight.com, Epicurious.com, RealSimple.com, and Delish.com.
- Nearly 1,000 of those recipes have been pinned on a dedicated MyPlate Recipes board on Pinterest.
- The goal is to make healthy recipes more accessible to the masses. “We have to meet home cooks where they are-and millions of them visit our partner sites as well as Pinterest every month,” said Larry Soler, CEO of PHA.
— Pinterest (@Pinterest) February 26, 2013
— Hillary Hartley (@hillary) February 26, 2013
— FLOTUS (@FLOTUS) February 26, 2013
Photo by Adam Garber/official White House photograph
February 26th, 2013