For the second year in a row, men have reason to rejoice over the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. Twenty-year old model Kate Upton snagged the cover for the second year in a row. But is anyone really surprised after she sent shock waves through the media last year with her barely-there bikini?
- Upton’s first Sports Illusrated Swimsuit appearance was in 2011, when she was named Rookie of the Year.
- As reported by US Magazine, other models who have seen back-to-back appearances on the cover of Sports Illustrated include Elle MacPherson from 1986-1988, Christie Brinkley from 1979-1981, Paulina Porizkova from 1984-1985 and Tyra Banks from 1996-1997.
- Upton considers Sports Illustrated an “American tradition” and is flattered to have made her third total appearance in the magazine. Of her skimpy cover the model tweeted, “I look…cold lol.”
- She’s been called the girl next door, but sexier. And has even been critized for her curvy appearance, which is atypical for models in today’s industry. But she loves her body and doesn’t deprive herself when it comes to her diet.
- Cynthia Bailey, a former model and star of The Real Housewives of Atlanta told Good Morning America, ”Her body was just an example of a healthy, curvy sexy body. She definitely represents a woman that has that body that you don’t often see so much in Sports Illustrated.”
See more at Sports Illustrated.
— Kirby Deal (@kirby_renee) February 11, 2013
— TBozeman (@taylorbozeman) February 11, 2013
— Ed England (@WhyIamEd) February 11, 2013
The cover will hit newsstands tomorrow, Tuesday, February 12.
February 11th, 2013