- In a two-minute spot that aired during Super Bowl XLVII, Dodge Ram highlighted the farmers who are the life blood of our nation.
- The spot featured the real men, women, and even youth who “put in 40 hours by noon on Tuesday,” but also sow and harvest the food that we all consume every day.
- Paul Harvey narrated the commercial, based on audio of a speech he gave to the Future Farmers of America in 1978.
- Farmers markets are an affordable and accessible way to not only provide wholesome fresh foods for your family, but also support local farmers and therefore your local economy.
- The spot shared the beautiful scene of a family gathered around the table for dinner, something that can improve a child’s performance at school and give them greater self esteem. A family dinner can reduce in the incidence of obesity, eating disorders, depression, and substance abuse.
Fun irony… The guy behind the brilliant Jeep/Dodge Ram Americana stuff… is French. Olivier Francois.
— mike murphy (@murphymike) February 4, 2013
— Darcy Gray (@darcygray) February 4, 2013
— John E Johnson (@johnsonjohne) February 4, 2013
On the bright side…never been more proud to own a Dodge Ram.
— Jacob Taunton (@taunto_11) February 4, 2013
Paul Harvey was one of a kind. Brilliant use of “So God made a farmer”. Great tribute to the American farmer. Wonderful ad
— Gary Sinise (@GarySinise) February 4, 2013
Loved the farmer commercial with the Paul Harvey speech. “So God made a Farmer” – thankful for my farmers!
— MaryCrimmins (@Mary_Crimmins) February 4, 2013
<blockquote><p>Paul Harvey made me cry tonight. <a href=”https://twitter.com/search/%23SoGodMadeAFarmer”>#SoGodMadeAFarmer</a></p>— Ree Drummond(@thepioneerwoman) <a href=”https://twitter.com/thepioneerwoman/status/298280960225579008″>February 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
February 3rd, 2013