The Sit And Be Fit program is a non-profit organization researched and designed by Mary Ann Wilson, a registered nurse, and a team of physical therapists, doctors, and exercise specialists. The chair exercise television series has been broadcast on PBS stations for over twenty years now and has over sixty million household viewers annually. The program is so effective due the success of effectively improving the health and wellness of people of all ages and fitness levels; especially those that are limited physically or wheelchair bound.
The program is comprised of a variety of carefully researched chair exercises designed to target every muscle in the body as well as to improve the overall health and wellness of the body.
Sit And Be Fit Mission Statement:
“Sit And Be Fit is committed to improving the quality of life of older adults and physically limited individuals through safe, effective exercises that are available through television, videos, personal appearances, classes, seminars, books, and the Internet.”
“Sit And Be Fit actively promotes functional fitness, healing, and independence, and is an effective resource for professionals in aging and fitness.”
Benefits of the Sit And Be Fit Program:
- Improves overall muscular strength
- Improves overall endurance level
- Burns calories
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps reduce body fat
- Easily accessible
- Can do workouts anywhere
- Helps reduce risk of injury
- Improves flexibility
- Fun and enjoyable
Sit And Be Fit Awards:
- 2009 Merit award from the Natural Mature Media Awards
- 2009 Merit award from the Health Information Awards
- 2008 Bronze award from the National Health Information Resource Center for the Arthritis II workout
- 2007 National Health Information Merit Award for the Diabetes workout
- 2006 National Health Information Merit Award for the Fibromyalgia workout
For more information on this amazing non-profit organization or to donate to it, please visit www.sitandbefit.org.
image via sitandbefit.org