Early morning drives to work are definitely improved by a stop at Starbucks. The coffee-masterminds can create your perfect drink, whether you want something unique and frou-frou or just a tall, black cup of joe.
Imagine this: you’re standing at the counter, waiting to order your favorite drink to get your day started on the right foot, but when you are ordering it, do you stop to think about how your vente double latte is going to affect your diet plans?
Typically, humans don’t pay as much attention to liquid calories as they do to calories that come from food. For some reason, they just tend to slip our minds, but unfortunately, they still affect the number on the scale.
So, in order to help you keep your daily calorie intake in the range you need for your weight loss, we’ve made a list of the best and worst Starbucks drinks, based on calories and fat grams. All of these drinks are the “Tall” size- the smallest one, so if you get a larger cup, it’s going to be even more calories. The Best Drinks do not have whipped cream, while all of the Worst Drinks do have whipped cream.
The Best Drinks for Your Diet:
- Shaken Tazo Iced Passion Tea (unsweetened): 0 Calories, 0 Fat
- Brewed Tazo Tea: 0 Calories, 0 Fat Grams
- Brewed Coffee: 5 Calories, 0 Fat Grams
- Caffé Americano: 10 Calories, 0 Fat Grams
- Nonfat Cappuccino: 60 Calories, 0 Fat Grams
- Iced Coffee with classic syrup: 60 Calories, 0 Fat Grams
- Iced Skinny Latte: 60 Calories, 0 Fat Grams
- Skinny Vanilla Latte: 90 Calories, 0 Fat Grams
- Shaken Tazo Iced Black Tea Lemonade: 100 Calories, 0 Fat Grams
- Nonfat Ice Vanilla Latte: 120 Calories, 0 Fat Grams
The Worst Drinks for Your Diet:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte: 300 Calories, 11 Fat Grams
- Peppermint Mocha: 310 Calories, 12 Fat Grams
- Peppermint Mocha Hot Chocolate: 340 Calories, 13 Fat Grams
- Iced White Chocolate Mocha: 340 Calories, 15 Fat Grams
- Caramel Brulée Latte: 350 Calories, 11 Fat Grams
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate: 360 Calories, 13 Fat Grams
- White Hot Chocolate: 380 Calories, 15 Fat Grams
- White Chocolate Mocha: 370 Calories, 15 Fat Grams
- Iced Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha: 390 Calories, 15 Fat Grams
- Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha: 420 Calories, 15 Fat Grams
Did your favorite drink end up where you wanted it? If not, are you going to try a new drink next time you go to Starbucks? Tell us about it below!
by Kelsey Murray
January 3rd, 2011