Since The 17 Day Diet first debuted in late November 2010 people everywhere have been clamoring to find out more about it and how to get their hands on it. We see a lot of diet programs at DietsInReview.com, obviously, and we can honestly say we haven’t seen demand like this for a weight loss product in a very long time. It’s become the hottest diet of 2011, and we’re barely a week in.
While the plan seems balanced and reasonable, as long as people are willing to make changes to their lifestyles, the one downside is that it seems to be impossible to get. We’re moderating comments as fast as we can and all seem to say the same thing: “how do I get it” or “where is mine?”.
The 17 Day Diet is quickly becoming a lesson in supply and demand. The demand for this book is overwhelming, and exceeding expectations, and because of that, the supply can’t keep up.
In our interview with Dr. Mike Moreno, the book’s author, in December 2010 we asked him about the order stress. From that interview:
For those of you who’ve ordered a copy and haven’t received it yet, Dr. Mike asks that you let them know. He said as of 12/20/10, all orders had been shipped, and that the delay is because they just didn’t expect the sizable response that they received.
We invite readers to comment with their experiences with different diets and weight loss products, and everyone has been quick to comment on our 17 Day Diet review. Some of the feedback we’ve seen about orders include:
- “I ordered the book about 2 months ago, and have not received it.” Marilyn Watkins, 1/5/11
- “i order my book and i have not recived ! it’s going on a month now” Adriana, 1/3/11
- “I ordered mine on Nov 30th and didnt recieve it either..so I called yesterday and was on hold for about 30min and they said that all orders placed between then and Dec 3rd were lost, so they shipped it out today and gave me a discount” Mary, 1/21/11
- “I ordered it on Dec 2nd too and still have not recieved it.” Colleen Fray, 12/30/10
- “I ordered this book almost 2 months ago and still haven’t received it! Whats up???” Christine, 12/28/10
Not everyone is having issues, though. For those who’ve received it, it sounds like it came in a timely fashion and they’re excited about the results ahead.
- “Wow…I ordered it the last week of December 2010 from the 17 day diet website. They had a flyer-type thing apologizing for the delays in delivery service. I was surprised when I got it within the week.” Carol, 1/7/11
- “Ordered my book from The Doctors website, got it in within 1 week.” Rhonda, 1/6/11.
- “I got my book really quickly and began the diet yesterday.” Yvonne, 1/5/11
- “I live in Alaska and ordered the book and received it in just under 2 weeks.” Brady M, 1/5/11
- “My husband and I just received the book and we are on our 1st day of the diet. Be patient! We waited a little while for the book buts its going to be sooo worth it in the end.” Sonia, 1/3/11
The book is only available from its Web site, The17DayDiet.com, and Dr. Moreno made clear to us in our interview that he doesn’t anticipate that changing any time soon. From the site you can also order the 17 Day Diet workout DVD and the 17 Day Diet meal plan, which is managed by BistroMD.
Just like the years the Cabbage Patch and the Tickle Me Elmo debuted, this is the must-have item of the season and practicing patience might prove virtuous after all.
If you have a weight loss goal, don’t wait for this book, you can get started right now – it’ll be that much easier when the book arrives. Start by:
- Walking in the evenings. Start at 15 minutes and work up from there.
- Keeping a food journal. Record what you eat and drink so you can visually see where to make improvements.
- Eating breakfast. It’s the most important meal to awaken your metabolism each day.
- Taking your lunch to work. You’ll save money and calories by avoiding the drive-thru.
- Getting some sleep. When you’re well rested, your body is less likely to to crave the bad-for-you junk food.
Get a sneak peek of what the 17 Day Diet looks like: