If you’ve ever wished you could run a marathon but can’t envision leaving the couch to run five miles – let alone 26 – then it might be time to outsource inspiration. Enter Marathon Makeover, a 40-week, marathon-training, wellness program to help inspire new runners across the country. Marathon Makeover has training teams across the United States like Oregon, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas. Recently, the company announced its new online program led by Ada Wong, fan favorite from The Biggest Loser season 10. Wong will help inspire ordinary runners at all levels to train for and finish marathons and half-marathons.
When Wong was young, her parents ridiculed her for being “fat,” leaving her without a lot of support or encouragement from her loved ones. However, Ada’s ambition and achievements led her to earn a coveted position with Google with access to free breakfast, lunch and dinner from her choice of 17 cafes, which led her to make unhealthy food choices.
Then, on the tenth season of The Biggest Loser, Wong lost nearly 100 pounds and now will offer enthusiastic, supportive leadership to aspiring runners to help get them up and moving toward the goal of finishing a half or full marathon.
New participants will receive the following:
- 40-week training schedule
- Access to the Marathon Makeover website
- A Run With Ada T-shirt/running jersey
- The Marathon Makeover Participants Guide
- The Marathon Makeover Stretching & Strength Training DVD
- Access to training experts online
- Weekly motivational blogs and videos from Ada
- Interaction with Ada on the Marathon Makeover website
Marathon runners: how did you prepare for your first race?