Stephanie Biscow is a health and fitness writer for the Focus 28 Diet blog. Focus 28 is a company that helps individuals lose weight and improve their health by offering a high-protein fat burning diet. Focus 28 offers individuals customized meal plans that work in conjunction with a revolutionary isometric 10 minute a day towel workout.
The majority of Americans put weight loss at the top of their New Year’s Resolution list each year. However, studies show that 50% of Americans back out of their New Year’s resolutions by the end of January! Wouldn’t it be nice if this year you could meet your fitness goals by sticking to them all year long? To help achieve your goals this year, here are 10 tips that will make those resolutions stick with you all year round.
1. Ease Into It. Going from little to no working out to a heavy gym routine will not work. You will be sure to burn your body out by the end of January. Ease yourself back into a routine starting with fewer reps and less cardio, then slowly increase your increments and time a bit each week.
2. Set Specific Goals. Think about the number of pounds you want to lose and make it a goal you want to achieve by a certain time. Being specific makes your resolutions more realistic and attainable.
3. Make Goals Realistic. Unrealistic goals don’t work. Do some research and choose a healthy fitness goal that is appropriate for the amount of time you’re looking to lose the weight in.
4. Outline Your Plan. Decide how you will deal with the temptation to skip that exercise class or have one more bite of that chocolate bar. This could include phoning a friend, positive thinking, or some other type of distraction.
5. Watch What You Eat. You will get results faster if your nutritional habits mirror your new dedication to working out.
6. Don’t Obsess Over the Scale. Weight is only one indicator of your fitness level; others include how your clothes fit, endurance, flexibility, heart and joint health and energy.
7. Reward Yourself. Celebrate your success by treating yourself to something that you enjoy that does not contradict your resolution. Remember though, moderation is key – no overindulging.
8. Find a Fitness Buddy. Make sure it’s someone who motivates you in a positive way. Find a friend or personal trainer who will help keep you on track to your fitness goals.
9. Join the Right Gym. There are small gyms, women-only gyms, large gyms, 24-hour facilities, ten dollar a month gyms and even at home work outs! Choose what best fits your lifestyle, leaving you no excuses about not working out.
10. Track your progress. Keep track of each success you make toward reaching your goals. Short-term goals are easier to keep, and small accomplishments will help keep you motivated.
Experts say it takes at least 21 days for a new activity to become a habit and six months for it to become part of your personality. Your new health and fitness habits will become second nature in no time. Just follow the 10 tips above and those fitness goals will be stuck to your routine all year round.
Guest Blog Series: Look for the following badge on your favorite health sites to see if they have been a featured guest blogger on DietsInReview.com. See other posts in the Guest Blog series.
If you would like to apply to be featured as a guest blogger, please contact us.