Staff WriterEmail Elizabeth
Liz Simmons is a fun-loving, stubbornly positive person who will try just about anything once. She's not much of a gym person (though she'll go if you ask nicely) and would rather be swimming or practicing yoga. She also has a competitive spirit and will never say no to a game of sand volleyball.
Fairly new to living on her own, she considers her kitchen to be a bit of an unexplored frontier. Currently, her best dishes are tacos and...tacos.
When not embarking on culinary adventures, Liz loves reading the many books on her shelves. She feels that her love of reading led to her love of writing which led to recently earning her B.A. in Communication from Wichita State University. As a new college graduate, Liz is looking forward to whatever her life may bring next!
Fun Facts About Liz
- I Never Leave Home Without checking my Facebook, Twitter and email
- Where I'd Rather Be in the mountains outside of Boulder, CO
- My Bragging Rights My cookie baking and decorating skills
- Personal Fun Fact I play the alto sax
- Refrigerator Staple Yogurt and Applesauce
- My Favorite Healthy Food Dried fruit, especially pineapple
- My Guiltiest Pleasure Nutella straight out of the jar
- Song That Gets Me Going in the Gym "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyonce
- Favorite Gym Activity Swimming Laps
- Movie Seen Too Many Times to Count Beauty and the Beast
- The Book I'd Read Again Wicked by Gregory Maguire
- First Paid Gig Working in the concession stand at a waterpark Accomplishment Most Proud of Graduating college!
When the 17 Day Diet debuted in 2010, it became an instant favorite, spending more than 75 weeks at the top of the New York Times best sellers list. When the Breakthrough Edition released in January 2014, it was massively popular. So popular, you chose the 17 Day Diet as the Most Popular Diet of [...]
Ironically, you’d have to have been living in a cave to not be somewhat familiar with the paleo diet. It was massively popular in 2014, and it doesn’t appear to be losing any steam as we start 2015. The diet that encourages eating like our ancestors has become a major player in the health and [...]
At this point, it should be abundantly clear that there are no quick fixes to the obesity problem in America. Though there is plenty to be done to stop or reverse a course of obesity, when it comes to preventing it in the first place, most focus on healthy diets and plenty of exercise. Of [...]
The question of whether or not the government should regulate the food industry seems like a simple one, but it’s really an incredibly complex topic. Variables like price, availability, variety of offerings, and quality of products are all involved. Also, there’s the issue of how much regulation the food industry should have. Should it all be regulated? None? [...]
If variety is the spice of life, then Pizza Hut may just become over-seasoned. The pizza chain recently announced a complete overhaul of their menu, which according to Pizza Hut, can be combined in more than 2 billion ways. With these changes, Pizza Hut becomes the newest member of a growing list of long-standing restaurant [...]