Staff WriterEmail Elizabeth
Liz Simmons is a fun-loving, stubbornly positive person who will try just about anything once. She's not much of a gym person (though she'll go if you ask nicely) and would rather be swimming or practicing yoga. She also has a competitive spirit and will never say no to a game of sand volleyball.
Fairly new to living on her own, she considers her kitchen to be a bit of an unexplored frontier. Currently, her best dishes are tacos and...tacos.
When not embarking on culinary adventures, Liz loves reading the many books on her shelves. She feels that her love of reading led to her love of writing which led to recently earning her B.A. in Communication from Wichita State University. As a new college graduate, Liz is looking forward to whatever her life may bring next!
Fun Facts About Liz
- I Never Leave Home Without checking my Facebook, Twitter and email
- Where I'd Rather Be in the mountains outside of Boulder, CO
- My Bragging Rights My cookie baking and decorating skills
- Personal Fun Fact I play the alto sax
- Refrigerator Staple Yogurt and Applesauce
- My Favorite Healthy Food Dried fruit, especially pineapple
- My Guiltiest Pleasure Nutella straight out of the jar
- Song That Gets Me Going in the Gym "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyonce
- Favorite Gym Activity Swimming Laps
- Movie Seen Too Many Times to Count Beauty and the Beast
- The Book I'd Read Again Wicked by Gregory Maguire
- First Paid Gig Working in the concession stand at a waterpark Accomplishment Most Proud of Graduating college!
As the school year kicks off, it’s safe to say that good grades are at the top of many people’s school wishlists. While you can’t deny that paying attention in class and doing the assigned work makes up a major part of the grade, there are other, usually overlooked, ways to earn fridge-worthy grade cards. [...]
Who’s afraid of the big, bad…banana? Apparently plenty of people. They’re concerned that “franken-bananas,” or those that have undergone gene manipulation may do more harm than good. Shape.com reported that scientists have unlocked a way to modify bananas so that they contain much more Vitamin A. Bananas with this modification could help many malnourished people, [...]
Kids are notorious for it, but there are still plenty of adults who struggle to eat their vegetables. However, the time has come to move on from the idea that vegetables beyond potatoes, carrots and green beans are “yucky,” and expand our palates. We want to set the record straight for some of the least-loved [...]
Families are an important support system, especially when it comes to health and nutrition. When the entire family is focused on health, it’s easier to keep concerns like childhood obesity at bay. In fact, in a new survey of more than 1000 women by WomensForum.com, more than one-third of moms revealed that they are regularly [...]
If you’ve purchase peanut or other nut butters from Kroger, Safeway, Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods recently, you may want to toss it before you eat any of it. Nut butter producer nSPIRED Natural Foods, Inc. announced on August 19 they are voluntarily recalling many of their products. The recall came about after routine testing [...]