Editorial InternEmail Elizabeth
Liz Simmons is a fun-loving, stubbornly positive person who will try just about anything once. She's not much of a gym person (though she'll go if you ask nicely) and would rather be swimming or practicing yoga. She also has a competitive spirit and will never say no to a game of sand volleyball.
Fairly new to living on her own, she considers her kitchen to be a bit of an unexplored frontier. Currently, her best dishes are tacos and...tacos.
When not embarking on culinary adventures, Liz loves reading the many books on her shelves. She feels that her love of reading led to her love of writing which led to recently earning her B.A. in Communication from Wichita State University. As a new college graduate, Liz is looking forward to whatever her life may bring next!
Fun Facts About Liz
- I Never Leave Home Without checking my Facebook, Twitter and email
- Where I'd Rather Be in the mountains outside of Boulder, CO
- My Bragging Rights My cookie baking and decorating skills
- Personal Fun Fact I play the alto sax
- Refrigerator Staple Yogurt and Applesauce
- My Favorite Healthy Food Dried fruit, especially pineapple
- My Guiltiest Pleasure Nutella straight out of the jar
- Song That Gets Me Going in the Gym "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyonce
- Favorite Gym Activity Swimming Laps
- Movie Seen Too Many Times to Count Beauty and the Beast
- The Book I'd Read Again Wicked by Gregory Maguire
- First Paid Gig Working in the concession stand at a waterpark Accomplishment Most Proud of Graduating college!
It’s well-known that the media sets crazy standards of beauty and behavior, especially for women. You’d think since we’re all aware of this, it would start to change. However, it seems that the problem is just getting worse. Change will come eventually, but only if we all decide to stop letting magazines, commercials and our [...]
Traditionally omnivores, humans are shifting towards a more carnivorous lifestyle. This change is especially apparent in countries like India and China where the rapidly changing economies are causing citizens to eat more meat. A new study on global food consumption published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, looks in detail at what people [...]
If you’re in the market for a new diet buddy, many would suggest looking for someone with a little more power. A higher power, if you will. In the last few years Christian-based diet and exercise programs have surged in popularity. In 2011, Pastor Rick Warren introduced the Daniel Plan based on the Old Testament story [...]
For many years, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has used advertising to show us that all vegan women are slim and traditionally sexy. That’s the whole point of the “I’d Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur” campaign. PETA also puts out an annual list of the year’s “sexiest vegan celebrities.” This year, [...]
“I ate so much I’m going to explode” is a popular phrase around the Thanksgiving table. If your family is like mine, you’ve had a least two giant feasts over the holiday weekend and feel near to bursting. Not that you are going to burst, because that can’t really happen. Actually it can. The first recorded case [...]