Staff WriterEmail Elizabeth
Liz Simmons is a fun-loving, stubbornly positive person who will try just about anything once. She's not much of a gym person (though she'll go if you ask nicely) and would rather be swimming or practicing yoga. She also has a competitive spirit and will never say no to a game of sand volleyball.
Fairly new to living on her own, she considers her kitchen to be a bit of an unexplored frontier. Currently, her best dishes are tacos and...tacos.
When not embarking on culinary adventures, Liz loves reading the many books on her shelves. She feels that her love of reading led to her love of writing which led to recently earning her B.A. in Communication from Wichita State University. As a new college graduate, Liz is looking forward to whatever her life may bring next!
Fun Facts About Liz
- I Never Leave Home Without checking my Facebook, Twitter and email
- Where I'd Rather Be in the mountains outside of Boulder, CO
- My Bragging Rights My cookie baking and decorating skills
- Personal Fun Fact I play the alto sax
- Refrigerator Staple Yogurt and Applesauce
- My Favorite Healthy Food Dried fruit, especially pineapple
- My Guiltiest Pleasure Nutella straight out of the jar
- Song That Gets Me Going in the Gym "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyonce
- Favorite Gym Activity Swimming Laps
- Movie Seen Too Many Times to Count Beauty and the Beast
- The Book I'd Read Again Wicked by Gregory Maguire
- First Paid Gig Working in the concession stand at a waterpark Accomplishment Most Proud of Graduating college!
Think back: Can you imagine school lunch with no chocolate milk? Many can, and some schools have made the thought a reality in an effort to make school lunches healthier for students. However, the efforts may have been misguided. Researchers from the Cornell Food and Brand Lab surveyed 11 elementary schools in Oregon where chocolate [...]
Just like people prefer certain tastes over others, we all tend to have texture preferences when it comes to food. Take for example the chocolate chip cookie. Some will insist the best cookies are thin and crisp, while others will argue soft and chewy is the way to go. Texture can influence a lot more [...]
With our managing editor Jessica recently returning from Japan, and our resident technophile Mike backpacking around the world, you could say we have travel on the brain here at DietsInReview. Whether you’re going on a family vacation, weekend getaway, or business trip, traveling is a great way to shake up your routine and get you [...]
Less than one-third of kids and teens meet the daily recommended daily water intake for their age group. To improve that statistic, the USDA issued a mandate to go into effect at the beginning of the 2011-2012 school year stating the schools participating in the National School Lunch Program must provide free drinking water to [...]
Whether you love them, hate them, or aren’t sure what to do with them, there’s no question that carbs are a hot topic when it comes to healthy eating. Despite what information you may be relying on now, carbs aren’t all-bad. In fact, there are some that are absolutely essential for a healthy diet. It’s [...]