Staff WriterEmail Elizabeth
Liz Simmons is a fun-loving, stubbornly positive person who will try just about anything once. She's not much of a gym person (though she'll go if you ask nicely) and would rather be swimming or practicing yoga. She also has a competitive spirit and will never say no to a game of sand volleyball.
Fairly new to living on her own, she considers her kitchen to be a bit of an unexplored frontier. Currently, her best dishes are tacos and...tacos.
When not embarking on culinary adventures, Liz loves reading the many books on her shelves. She feels that her love of reading led to her love of writing which led to recently earning her B.A. in Communication from Wichita State University. As a new college graduate, Liz is looking forward to whatever her life may bring next!
Fun Facts About Liz
- I Never Leave Home Without checking my Facebook, Twitter and email
- Where I'd Rather Be in the mountains outside of Boulder, CO
- My Bragging Rights My cookie baking and decorating skills
- Personal Fun Fact I play the alto sax
- Refrigerator Staple Yogurt and Applesauce
- My Favorite Healthy Food Dried fruit, especially pineapple
- My Guiltiest Pleasure Nutella straight out of the jar
- Song That Gets Me Going in the Gym "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyonce
- Favorite Gym Activity Swimming Laps
- Movie Seen Too Many Times to Count Beauty and the Beast
- The Book I'd Read Again Wicked by Gregory Maguire
- First Paid Gig Working in the concession stand at a waterpark Accomplishment Most Proud of Graduating college!
“If you’re thirsty, you’re already dehydrated.” This nugget of knowledge came from my swim coach when he explained to us the importance of staying hydrated at a meet. Coach was on the right track, but not 100 percent correct. Thirst is a good indicator that you should grab a drink, but doesn’t necessarily mean you’re [...]
Under Armour’s commercials traditionally focus on the gritty, tough side of athleticism, sending the message that wearing their products will turn you into some muscled, gruff super-athlete. With its new women’s campaign, however, Under Armour is taking a different approach. The campaign began with an ad featuring ballerina Misty Copeland. A pioneer in her field, [...]
It’s sure to start a battle of the beverages, but a new study is making the claim that tea may be better for your long-term health than coffee. Presented in France, this study looked at the overall health of both tea and coffee drinkers for seven years. As Shape reveals, those who drank tea had [...]
The fashion industry has earned an ugly reputation for itself by relying on one “standard” body image and the extreme use of Photoshop to depict the “perfect” figure. Though individuals and some companies have come out against these practices, they are still mainstream. This wasn’t acceptable to Susan Koger, co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of [...]
Responsibly indulging in wine has been shown to have a variety of positive health impacts. From heart health to stronger teeth, red wine can improve a lot when it comes to your health. However, it’s not just enough to hit the hooch. A comprehensive study shows that wine only protects against cardiovascular disease (CVD) in [...]